We have a fantastic opportunity for a Food Category Manager to join our head office team based in Watford.
Rontec is a leading independent forecourt retailer with over 264 service stations in the UK. Its sites are operated by independent business’s known as Commission Operators. We work in partnership with a number of brands, Esso, BP, Shell, Morrisons Daily, Costa Coffee, Spar, Subway, Greggs and our own brand of Shop’n Drive to deliver the best fuel and retailing offering for our customers.
The Food Category Manager is responsible for driving sales and profitability including range selection, promotions, pricing, marketing and new product development. To interpret trends through data and turning these into key strategies for the category business plan. To negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best cost price, maximum over-riders, promotional rebates, listings and marketing fees.
The role requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with our partners, suppliers and internal departments and to always deliver on Rontec’s core values.
This role will be required to work closely with many departments across the business, most notably Operations, supporting with detailed communication to ensure category initiatives are implemented according to the strategic business plans.
- Responsible for the creation, profitability and growth of product ranges.
- To produce planograms in conjunction with space planners and suppliers.
- Be fully up to date with the latest developments and initiatives across the competitor set and throughout the wider industry.
- Maximise sales and margin conversion through effective category management, supplier negotiation, continual innovation and adaption of offers.
- Management and regular review of the goods’ supply chain for the assigned categories, ensuring consistent stock availability, competitive cost prices and reliable service to our network.
- Set pricing levels/bands for all allocated products.
- Responsible for providing database with all necessary information to keep the back-office systems completely accurate.
- Create and develop promotional, seasonal and marketing initiatives.
- For each allocated project, review and manage the end-to-end critical path ensuring collaboration with the project manager and engagement with the Operation team.
- Ensure all projects land and are implemented accurately, supporting with detailed communication and ‘what good looks like’ guidance.
- Review business activities with detailed financial analysis, providing feedback to management.
- To contribute, as part of the Food Service Management team, to the development of the overall Food Service offer.
- To ensure sustainable profit performance for the business through increased category sales and associated gross margins, as well as maximising the overrider payments from suppliers.
- To ensure that a fully functioning supply chain is in place at all times.
- To protect the company brand standards, supplier and brand partnerships through building strong professional relationships.
- To provide accurate reports, data and action plans in a timely manner, treating all internal information with the upmost confidentiality.
- Ensure that all resources (equipment, stock, labour etc) are organised for each allocated project in line with requirements
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual holiday (in addition to your 8 paid bank holiday days)
- A contributory pension scheme with matching rates.
- Simplyhealth – Cashback Dental and Optician Health plans
- Employee Health & Wellbeing support
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Rontec is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Rontec