We have a great opportunity for an experience Head of Food Service to join our exciting forecourt retailing business, responsible for leading the Food Service division of the Rontec network for all food service activities.
The role holder is responsible for ensuring the company is competitive through identification and implementation of appropriate retail strategies, including brand partnerships that align to the business’s overall strategic aims and maximise growth opportunities.
To build and maintain strong relationships working in partnership with the Director of Food Services and other key stakeholders and branded partners, while achieving the required standards and agreements, ensuring Rontec’s values are never compromised.
- Responsible for the profitability and growth of the Food Service range and daily operation of the food service business within the Rontec
- Directly accountable for the food service support team and leading the team to drive the operations of the Subway & Greggs Branded Franchise concept throughout the network, in line with brand and Rontec policy
- Reporting directly to the Director of Food Services being a key member of the business Leadership team and contributing to the wider business issues
- Ensure the business remains aware of the competition and the offer changes as the market changes
- Full P&L responsibility for the food service business that includes sales, reports and operational costs
- Managing the development of food service operating procedures within Rontec to ensure franchise compliance and compatibility with audit requirements
- Build closer collaboration with teams in the field and deploy best practices
- Responsible for improving and implementing operational and commercial processes within branded operations to deliver tangible results at pace.
- Optimising the branded operation labour and third-party delivery models
- Lead the operational development of new to market concepts, including market leading commerciality and food safety standards
- Lead the Food Services Category Manager and Project Manager to establish range, price, marketing and service aspects of new concept development
- Working closely with field operations teams across all aspects of the food services proposition, to deliver world class operations
- Review sales and performance data along with KPIs to identify opportunities to increase sales and identify efficiencies and cost savings
- Identifying underperforming sites, root causes and work with the wider teams to improve standards in line with Rontec Policy
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as ability to interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Develop & Implement Food Service Standards to ensure that the company successfully achieves the required standard when it is being evaluated or audited
- To liaise between the Companies’ Food Service Team, Retail, Operations Team, and external parties including HR team to ensure that the company is achieving its people targets for training
- To be flexible and adaptable to business demands
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Previous Food Service experience at senior level working within a food retail environment
- Ability to think strategically, show initiative and creativity
- Strong motivational and communication skills
- Commercially aware and driven by targets and objectives
- Ideally educated to degree level
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- 25 days annual holiday (in addition to your 8 paid bank holiday days)
- A contributory pension scheme with matching rates
- Simplyhealth – Cashback Dental and Optician Health plans
- Employee Health & Wellbeing support
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Rontec is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Rontec.