With over 50 years of experience, growth and exceptional performance behind us, Rontec has built a market leading reputation in roadside retailing. Being one of the leading players in the UK forecourt industry with more than 260 petrol stations across England and Wales with a fantastic opportunity for a HR Officer to join our team, supporting Head Office/Field Based employees.
The right applicant will have a track record of being a successful HR Officer or similar with experience within the retail or forecourt sector, who is looking for a new environment to enhance their current skills, whilst continuing to develop their career.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Based in our head office, you will support the daily HR function, provide preliminary HR advice to Rontec employees and line managers on matters concerning employee relations, employment law, contractual terms and conditions, family policies and absence management. At the same time, ensuring the company complies with employment legislation and internal policies.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Strong focus on people
- CIPD qualified or working towards one is preferred but not essential
- 2 years’+ HR experience at officer level or similar
- Experience with HR processes including minute taking, family policies, onboarding of new employees. leavers process, payroll and employment contracts etc.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Flexibility and availability to meet the demands of the role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good level of written and verbal English
- Attention to detail
- Recording and processing confidential information
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Full UK Drivers Licence
The role is office based but will require occasional travel to attend meetings.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual holiday (in addition to your 8 paid bank holiday days)
- A contributory pension scheme with matching rates.
- Simplyhealth – Cashback Dental and Optician Health plans
- Employee Health & Wellbeing support