A great opportunity for a Junior Buyer or Assistant Category Manager looking for a career within category management. Having previous experience working within a commercial or project team and is passionate about product. You will have a great eye for detail, enjoy working with numbers, together with being a key communicator both internally and externally, then this could be the next role for you.
We are looking for a Junior Category Manager to works towards taking control of categories and projects which will allow you to develop the skills you need to progress to the next level and take on bigger and more challenging categories.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of the team that has both a high profile in the business and comes with range and breadth that allows both your creative and commercial side to flourish.
- Assists in sales and profitability of assigned category through analysis of performance data
- Lead the range review table with the category team
- Review business activities and new initiatives and provide feedback to the management team
- Lead promotional ordering of promotional POS from Operations to store
- Assist in planning promotional activities and sales events for assigned categories
- Implement and maintain appropriate data files, monthly competitor price file and shop visits and ensure that this information is readily available.
- Analyse sales data and sales trends daily.
- Produce daily/weekly and monthly sales and data reports
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Previous buying experience is desirable – Junior Buyer or Assistant Category Manager level looking for a step up
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and good business acumen.
- Good communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team as necessary.
- The ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
- High level of numerical and data analytical skills including a good practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, IF and Average formulas)
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we offer:
· Competitive Salary
· 25 days annual holiday (in addition to your 8 paid bank holiday days)
· A contributory pension scheme with matching rates.
· Simplyhealth – Cashback Dental and Optician Health plans
· Employee Health & Wellbeing support