This is a great opportunity for an Wholesale Category Manager to join our exciting Forecourt Retailing Business focusing on managing the promotional and marketing process for the Retail Category team; ensuring the periodic processes are completed as per the critical path deadlines and within budget
Rontec is a leading Independent Forecourt Retailer who sets trends for others to follow, this is at the heart of its retail strategy.
The Wholesale Category Manager will build and maintain strong relationships with our brand partners, external suppliers and across numerous internal departments. The Wholesale Category Manager will own and develop the relationship with our main wholesale supplier; covering logistics, supply chain, promotional planning and stock allocations. This role also maintains and negotiates a number of other key contracts, tracks supplier income and works closely with our printing partner to ensure smooth delivery of all promotional and marketing assets for the company. The successful candidate will require exceptional organisation and communication skills and will uphold the Rontec values in the most professional manner.
- Accountable for the end-to-end delivery of the promotional and marketing process.
- Responsible for the upkeep of various reports linking to supply chain including service level, weekly/monthly sales and spend.
- Planning and maintaining inventory forecasts, allocations and the relevant communication to our Operations colleagues.
- Management of projects to help with the strategic development of the supply chain operating model or to reduce costs for the business.
- To complete regular store visits to ensure shop availability, the upkeep of POS and all necessary marketing assets.
- Collaboratively planning for all marketing activities – including Seasonal events like Christmas, Mother’s Day etc.
- Providing daily and weekly status updates to the business and supporting our Operations’ team with adhoc requests/urgent issues.
- Communicating and liaising with the Category Managers, Retail & Food Service teams to ensure that periodic processes and ad hoc projects land a per the agreed critical path.
- Successful management of contractors and suppliers to ensure that all tasks identified in the critical path are achieved as required.
- Devise and maintain appropriate data files and ensure that this information is readily available for use by the operations teams and other departments if required.
- Management of the Marketing Co Ordinator to ensure efficient and effective Store communication packs are created and issued.
- Monthly tracking of rebates, trading terms and supplier income.
- Leading all promotional meetings and presenting updates to the Retail team, the Retail Director and Operations team (Area, Regional Managers etc) as required.
- Manging budgets with monthly reporting to ensure that the agreed profits are delivered.
- Managing cost price and promotional files alongside the Category Managers.
- To ensure sustainable profit performance for the business through increased category sales and their associated gross margins and maximising the overrider payments from a large suite of suppliers.
- To ensure that a fully functioning supply chain is in place at all times.
- To protect the company brand standards and long-standing partnerships through delivery of the agreed supplier contracts.
- Fully manage and lead the Annual Company Conference
- To provide information, data and action plans in a timely manner whilst ensuring they accuracy at all times.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality, working internally and externally.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual holiday (in addition to your 8 paid bank holiday days)
- A contributory pension scheme with matching rates.
- Simplyhealth – Cashback Dental and Optician Health plans
- Employee Health & Wellbeing support