This is a great opportunity for a Category Manager to join our exciting Forecourt Retailing business focusing on a range of categories
The company is a leading independent forecourt retailer who sets trends for others to follow, this is at the heart of its retail strategy and is demonstrated through its range of product and marketing campaigns.
This role will suit an experienced Category Manager who is looking for a new environment to show case their talent.
You will need to a tenacious and self-starting individual with previous responsibilities for category management. You will be able to build and deliver sound category strategies based on consumer / competitor insight ensuring key growth. You will also lead category change and create a vision for the category moving forward.
The roles key responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the Rontec shop offer for a range of products (category’s) -including range selection, promotions, pricing, marketing and new product development.
- Management of the goods supply chain for the assigned categories.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the maximum over-riders for the company.
- Negotiate promotional rebates, listings, and marketing fees.
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Previous Category Management experience working within a food retail environment
- High level of numerical and data analytical skills including a good practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, IF and Average formulas)
- Ability to think strategically, show initiative and creativity
- Strong motivational and communication skills
- Commercially aware and driven by targets and objectives
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual holiday (in addition to your 8 paid bank holiday days)
- A contributory pension scheme with matching rates.
- Simplyhealth – Cashback Dental and Optician Health plans
- Employee Health & Wellbeing support
- Category Management: 2 years (required)